Larkspur Dance & Choreography is pleased to provide this new VIRTUAL opportunity for all high school dancers in Missouri and Kansas! Why participate in the College Dance Team Expo?
Learn collegiate level material from dancers on talented and successful college dance teams!
Learn about numerous college dance team programs from all divisions of the NCAA and the NAIA. Valuable opportunities await by expressing interest in programs early and planning for life after high school!
Check out the growing list of participating colleges in Missouri, Kansas and beyond, including nationally ranked powerhouse teams from 16 different states! Participating dancers will have exposure to and an opportunity to connect with almost 50 teams with no travel and a very low cost!
Only $35 for all Kansas and Missouri Dancers!
Kansas and Missouri Teams
Out of State Teams
More Information and Registration
- The event is open to all high school aged dancers, freshmen to seniors.
- Participants register at the link below and pay the $35 registration fee by March 13th in order to have a full week to learn material. Registrations and payments will be taken up until the March 20th deadline.
- Starting March 13th, links to the material taught by college dance team members and a Google form with uploading capability will be shared with registered and paid participants.
- Participants will have one week to learn material, film themselves performing the material, and upload video files on a Google Form. The Google Form will also collect the follwing information: name of participant, grade level, school, dance studio, Instagram handle, GPA, intended area of study if known, and a photo. Photo should be a "headshot," but doesn't have to be professionally done. It can be a school or dance team portrait, or a simple shot from a phone. Videos can be shot in any location suitable for filming be it a studio, gym, or other indoor or outdoor space where the dancer has room to move and execute the material effectively. Using a phone or tablet to film is totally acceptable, just make sure to film horizontally.
- Wardrobe for filming: form fitting tank or bra top with dance shorts, leggings, appropriate dance footwear, and collegiate game day appropriate hair and makeup.
- Along with the pom, game day, hip hop, and jazz combos, participants will have the option to upload 2 additional videos of skills that weren't included in the combos. Song selections for these optional videos will be provided and will include a lyrical and hip hop option.
- During this week, participants will also have access to more information about all the college dance team programs participating. Participants can also choose their top 5 teams that they're interested in pursuing.
- The participant may be contacted by programs outside of their top 5 with more information and offers.
- If a delay in the release of material occurs, the due date for video submissions will follow suit and will always be one full week after the release of material.
A special word from the event director:
This has been a challenging time for all dancers and educators. I'm thrilled to be able to provide a special virtual opportunity that shines a light on dancers from these two states, and to encourage them to start thinking about the next step after high school. I've reached out to numerous contacts in the dance team community all over the country, and the response has been phenomenal! Coaches want dancers from Missouri and Kansas! Our two states have been blessed with talent of the highest caliber, but we're also down to earth, humble, approachable, and hard working. I live on the Missouri side, but never correct anyone when they say I'm from Kansas. In the Kansas City area, many teams cross state lines to attend events, so dancers from the Sunflower State and Show-Me State often come together and claim each other as their own. It's in this spirit that this event was created.
I encourage high school dancers from all over both states to take advantage of this informative learning opportunity! We've got top notch and talented teams teaching college level material that will help you prepare for dancing in college. The price is affordable, and the format is forgiving. You don't need special equipment to participate.
We have a wide variety of college teams participating. This is a great opportunity to do some exploring, and start thinking about what you'd like your college dance experience to look like. Keep an open mind. You might fall in love with a smaller college with scholarship and competitive opportunities! You might decide that bigger is better! You might want something in the middle with a fantastic game day experience and some fierce competition! You might find the perfect fit right here in Kansas or Missouri because "there's no place like home!" You might find your second home in a state that's clear across the country! The possibilities are endless and opportunities abound for dancers of all backgrounds and talent levels!
I hope you join us in this special opportunity that was created just for you, the unique and talented dancers from our two states. And I'm not alone in my thinking. Check out below what college coaches around the country are saying about dancers from our area!
Melanie Dailey, Owner of Larkspur Dance & Choreography
"I'm proudly from the state of Missouri and can say without a doubt that Missouri and Kansas produce some of the most talented and well rounded dancers. Use this opportunity to look outside your state lines and see the big, wide world that's open to you!"
Rachel Levetzow, Head Coach Ole Miss Rebelettes
"We currently have two dancers from the Kansas City area and hope to add a few more next season."
Erin Alvarado, Head Coach Texas Tech Pom Squad
"I've had dancers on my team from Kansas and they are amazing dancers and people overall! It's a special area of the country. I'm always looking to bring on more dancers like them to my team!"
Mallori Walker, Head Coach Purdue Dance Team
I'm from Missouri and danced in high school and college in that state. There is so much talent in Missouri and Kansas and I wish I could get more dancers down here with me!
Chasity Tyus, Head Coach Florida State University Golden Girls
"I have actually had several girls from Missouri on my team. Love them! Some quality training there and nice kids."
Bianca Caryl, Head Coach ASU Sun Devil Spirit Squad/Dance Team