Show-Me State Showcase
Saturday, February 4th, 2023 at Blue Springs South High School
We're pleased to announce the same location and same format for this event!
The day will consist of an A.M. Session and a P.M. Session. Each session will have two parts:
1. Showcase of Team Routines and Solos - Teams and solos go to warm up gym, then inspection, then perform to simulate the Missouri State Dance Team Championship. Verbal commentary provided on voice recorders by 4 judges, one of which will be safety AND general routine, so teams can count the event as the requirement before state.
2. Workshop - Routine perfecting for team routines only. 30 minutes will be spent on each routine with a judge specializing in that category or division, concentrating on the most crucial parts to improve team's performance at state and/or nationals.
Why attend the Show-Me State Showcase & Workshop?
- Your team routines and solos will get a final look before state and nationals
- The Show-Me State Showcase & Workshop can be counted as a required qualifying MDTA event before State
- This event is a showcase, so it will not be counted as one of your allotted competitions by MSHSAA
- It is a unique opportunity to have problem areas not only pinpointed via verbal critique, but also fixed by seasoned judges
- The condensed and divided session schedule is perfect for both busy teams and spectators
- State of the art location for performances and perfecting sessions.
Show-Me State Showcase Judges
Space is limited! Once all spots are filled, registration will be closed. Don't delay!
Team routines: $95.00 This includes showcase performance, verbal feedback from 4 judges that will be transferred to a flash drive, inspection run through and safety commentary, and perfecting session of routine with experienced dance team professionals.
Solo routines: $35.00 This includes showcase performance, verbal feedback from 4 judges that will be transferred to a flash drive, inspection run through and safety commentary.